London (III)

Sunday, July 24, 2016










On the second/third day of our trip, we decided to make a trip down to the Buckingham Palace in hopes of catching a peep of the Queen. We arrived at around 10ish and joined the crowds to watch the Changing of the Guards. Unfortunately, there was so many people waiting to see the same thing that I didn't really get to see everything clearly. The wave of excitement in the air was amazing though.

Ross also made me climb on-top of a really high wall so that I can see the changing of guards better. Needless to say, I was extremely terrified and had to be coaxed down from the really high wall afterwards haha. 

We also dropped by Queen Victoria's Park!

The park......... is one of the most beautiful parks I've ever been to. There were so many birds and I wanted to bring all of them home! Too bad I didn't have space in my suitcase :P



My aunt very kindly reminded me over text to have a sausage roll. She used to live in London for awhile so we made sure to take that advice! 



#whatwasiwearing #datface

Next stop for the day: The Tower of London! OMG I LOVED THIS PLACE SO MUCH! 


Awwwwwww



In all honestly, the pictures don't do the Tower of London any justice AT ALL. 

The place was just so amazing, so filled with history that I felt so small standing right in the heart of it. It was probably one of my favourite places in London. 

I didn't take too many photos as we just followed a guide around and we didn't really see much  (tbh, the place was just brick and stone) but the stories that he told was amazing. Fun fact! Apparently, the caretakers of the place are retired soldiers (highly ranked in the UK Army) and they now live in the Tower of London. 

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO VISIT IF THEY HAVE THE CHANCE. 


On a side note though, Ross didn't enjoy it too much as he is not as big of a history buff like me, but still... plenty to see for everyone! #CROWNJEWELS



Gotta see the Queen's bling. 


No phototaking is allowed in the Crown Jewels' building but omg, that bling! 


Found a Ross somewhere where someone was beheaded a long, long time ago. 


Gloomy London! 



As we left the Tower of London.. we then found...........

THE LONDON BRIDGE! 


I was so excited that I immediately took a selfie and sent it to my mum. 





Found ourselves at the world famous Covent Gardens afterwards!


I've heard so much about Shake Shack and finally got the chance to try it! BUTTTTTTT TBH.... Australia does better burgers :P 


Eating his way through Europe #ROSS


Couldn't miss a photo-op with this.

We then had dinner at a little Thai place near Theatre Royal before we went to see.....


Wait for it...




CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY! 

The play was really good. Sadly, Ross and I had to leave early (rudely leaving the show halfway) as we were FALLING ASLEEP in the theatre! Wish we could have seen it all, but I guess we did too much during the day :(

Till the next post! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments